Wednesday 21st December, 2016
Note that we’re writing these notes nearly 6 months late which is why they’re in summary form.
This week we were mainly working on Smart Answers, although it was also notable because Chris & Amy arrived back in the UK on Thursday.
We held our last monthly drinks without Chris at the Strongroom Bar & Kitchen on Wednesday.
Ongoing discussion with our current and former accountants about the journal entries mentioned last week. Although we didn’t manage to get to the bottom of the problem, we have agreed a solution with our current accountant, so he can get on with preparing the annual accounts.
Chris arranged to make the one-off payment to his personal pension which I mentioned in the notes for last week.
The problem with payroll RTI submissions hanging was resolved by HMRC and our payroll finally showed up as having been submitted successfully in FreeAgent.
We made plans to meet up in the Barbican on Monday next week - the first time we will’ve met in person for over six months!
I had an introductory meeting with Ben Andrews, the new product owner for Smart Answers, at Aviation House. He wanted to understand what our original brief was when we started work on Smart Answers. He’s keen to run some kind of discovery phase to figure out a road-map for Smart Answers.
Later I wrote up some notes on the meeting and suggested some dates to Ben for a follow-up session to start on the discovery work with the idea of involving Chris now that he’s back in the UK.
- Update documentation to include on_response blocks #2608
- Refactor register-a-birth to new-style flow #2607
- Refactor pay-leave-for-parents to new-style flow #2603
- Refactor state-pension-topup to new-style flow #2602
- Remove hyphen from “re-generate”, “re-generates” & “re-generating” in documentation #2601
- Refactor state-pension-through-partner to new-style flow #2600
- Improve & extend documentation on regression tests (with feedback incorporated #2599
- Improve & extend documentation on regression tests #2589
- Split marriage-abroad outcome for Brazil #2598
- Split marriage-abroad outcome for Dominican Republic #2597