Wednesday 26th October, 2016
Note that we’re writing these notes nearly 6 months late which is why they’re in summary form.
We were mostly focussed on Smart Answers during the week.
- Add script to add/update an organisations fixture for a worldwide location #1699
- Avoid errors when requests exclude the response param #1655
- Improve “Next node undefined” error message #1687
- Remove check uk visa v2 #1691
- Remove check-uk-visa-v2 Smart Answer #1690
- Remove redundant simplified-expenses-checker-v2 #1702
- Remove unreachable “result” outcome from overseas-passports (part 2) #1694
- Remove unreachable outcome from overseas-passports flow #1678
- Remove unused methods from SelfAssessmentPenalties #1703
- Remove unused methods from childcare cost calculator #1692
- Spike: Add GA virtual pageview to outcome pages #1700
- Spike: Fix rubocop violations #1644
- Use ActionView instead of Erubis to render outcome templates #1686
- Use ActionView instead of Erubis to render outcome templates #1689
- Use Erubis instead of ERB for outcome templates #1682
We hosted our 21st Show & Tell on Wednesday.
I created a new Trello account for GFR specific boards. I was previously using a single account but was feeling somewhat overwhelmed by having all notifications in my personal email account.
We started using labels in Trello to indicate whether we’re waiting on input from either of us or from a third party. This helps us see at a glance whether our input is required to make progress with a card.
We split a couple of the larger monthly Harmonia tasks: “Update FreeAgent and Pay Bills” and “Pay our Wages”.
We started experimenting with using Harmonia to assign responsibilities for emails that need to be handled.
Ongoing discussions with our new accountant to help him prepare our annual accounts.