Thursday 20th October, 2016
Note that we’re writing these notes nearly 6 months late which is why they’re in summary form.
We were mostly focussed on Smart Answers during the week.
- Avoid using Kernel#eval for “shared logic” #2509
- Extract marriage-abroad payment information from templates #2502
- Fix download form for marriage-abroad in Italy (statutory declaration) #2510
- Only display marriage-abroad payment info when services are shown #2507
- Only display marriage-abroad payment info when services are shown #2511
- Remove worldwide fixture data from regression test checksums #2473
- Remove worldwide fixture data from regression test checksums #2508
- Spike: Avoid using
evalfor shared logic #2491
- Split marriage-abroad outcome_opposite_sex_other_countries #2503
- Split marriage-abroad outcome_opposite_sex_other_countries #2504
- Split up RatesQueryTest #2501
May bank holiday Monday.
James met Alex, Dai and co at GDS to talk about continuing Smart Answers work and/or possible other projects. James and I had a couple of Google Hangouts to talk all this through.
James contacted his pension provider to increase the amount we pay to his pension.
We complained to DOSF about unsolicited email. We understand the motivation for having a public list of suppliers but making their email addresses so easily accessible encourages unsolicited email. We’re not sure that DOSF appreciate that this imposes a disproportionate burden on smaller companies.
We started recording non-client time in FreeAgent. We want to try to get a better understanding of where our time goes.
We continued to have conversations about attending the Digital Co-op Retreat in November.
We added a Harmonia task to ensure we comply with reporting requirements of DOSF.