Friday 04th December, 2015
Welcome to GFR’s week 358: Our penultimate(ish) week working on Smart Answers!
James was away this week. He took a well deserved break to go skiing in Austria.
I spent 4 1/2 days working on Smart Answers and just 1/2 day working on GFR.
It was good to have Erik back this week and to be able to continue handing our work over.
Erik got straight back into it, making some improvements to “Marriage abroad” as part of some business-as-usual changes that had been requested.
I merged the final pull request that switched us from using i18n to ERB for question templates. This allowed me to simplify the code by removing support for i18n templates.
I merged the final pull request that switched us to using
next_node with a block. This allowed me to simplify the code by removing support for defining next nodes using predicates.
Due to some other changes we’ve made we’d ended up with two directories containing partial ERB templates. I combined those into a single directory to make the app slightly less surprising.
I went through the issues in GitHub Issues and moved them to our Smart Answers Trello board so that we only have a single place to look when working on the project. The Trello board is currently private but I’m hoping we might be able to make it public in the near future.
I made a start on some of the outstanding documentation improvements that we’ve discussed over the last few weeks.